AIPS - Conference Travel Grants
** All Conference Travel Grant applications must be submitted at least one month prior to the start of the conference for which funding is requested **
- Domestic (up to $1,000 reimbursement for conference travel)
- International ($1,500-$2,000 reimbursement for conference travel)
Awards for US Citizens are funded through grants from either the Council of American Overseas Research Centers or the US Embassy in Islamabad. Awards for Non-US Citizens are funded by AIPS' unrestricted funds and are pending availability of funds. *Currently, AIPS does not have funds for travel grants for presenting research at scholarly conferences for non-US applicants at this time. Please check with AIPS (email@example.com) regarding funding options for non-US citizens.
All applications will undergo a competitive review process consistent with the goals and aims of the organization.
Eligibility and Criteria:
- Funding for conference travel for the presentation of papers or organization of panels that include topics relevant to Pakistan Studies at scholarly conferences. (Note: Invited single lectures are not eligible for this award, however, invited conference and workshop presentations are eligible.)
- No international travel to Pakistan at this time.
- Must be affiliated with a US academic institution, regardless of US Citizenship status.
- Must be an AIPS Individual Member at the time of application
- Capped to one per person per year
- Preference to those who have not received a travel grant in the previous two years
- Ongoing application process
The AIPS Review Committee will make all awarding decisions.