AIPS - Pre-Doctoral Fellowship
Pre-Doctoral Fellowship (Junior Fellowship)
Note: Pre-doctoral means completed all requirements of PhD except dissertation
For ALL Fellowship applications:
- Fellow must be an AIPS individual member in good standing at the time of application and throughout the tenure of this grant.
- Fellow must be currently affiliated with a US institution.
- Research must be at least 2 months and less than 9 months; AIPS reserves the right to shorten the duration of research, pending availability of funds.
A. If US Citizen:
- Research can be conducted in one or more countries
- No travel to Pakistan
- No research in the US
B. If not a US Citizen:
- Research can be conducted in Pakistan or other countries
- Research to Pakistan cannot include research in any additional countries
- No research in the US
- NOTE: There are limited funds in this pool
- Spouses and dependents cannot travel with fellows to Pakistan. All expenses for spouses and dependents must be borne by the applicant.
- All fellows who are conducting research in Islamabad and Lahore are expected to stay in the AIPS guesthouses overnight (i.e. no overnight trips outside of Lahore or Islamabad). Please contact AIPS if you have questions about this restriction.
- Fellowships must be completed in one trip (no breaks allowed)
- AIPS Fellows must follow AIPS travel restrictions
- If proposing research in a country other than the US or Pakistan, the proposed country cannot have a current State Department Travel Restriction: https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/swarnings.html
The amount of the ECA-funded stipends will be comparable to Fulbright Awards and will be determined by the Fellowships Committee based on availability of funds not to exceed rates as defined by the US State Department. Please be aware that there are limited funds for research proposals for Non-US Citizens.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2024
Note: AIPS has a policy regarding Board and Executive Committee Members applying for fellowships. If you fall in this category, please read the policy.
Note: All applicants will need to submit a budget that is reasonable and appropriate to the project. Budgets should include economy airfare, stipend, lodging accommodations and other research-related expenses.
Please visit our FAQ page with any additional questions.